Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gillian Anderson on Playing the Boss and Being Happy with Smaller Parts

Gillian Anderson on Playing the Boss and Being Happy with Smaller Parts

from X-Files News by tiffany_devol@xfilesnews.com (Tiffany Devol - Content Director)

Erica Thompson has published a fantastic interview she did with Gillian Anderson this week which covers everything from Gillian's recent portrayals of bosses, to why she is in no rush to be the leading lady (though she would make an exception for X-Files 3).

"Every time I do something that takes a long time, I am aware of how much it is taking away from my experience with my kids. I do try to keep the amount of weeks that I'm filming down. Sometimes you can block shoot things, so if a film is going on for two months, you can block shoot a character within three to four weeks. That's harder to do if you're a more central character, so it has to be something pretty great to make that decision to be on set for three months." - Gillian Anderson

Head over to Stuff to read the full (and well written) article!

No comments :