Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gillian Gold Derby Interview

Gillian Gold Derby Interview

from X-Files News by tiffany_devol@xfilesnews.com (Tiffany Devol - Content Director)

Gold Derby has released a 20 minute Skype video interview with Gillian Anderson where they cover everything from Moby Dick to Any Human Heart to Bleakhouse to X-Files (in other words, they cover a lot).

Perhaps one of the more interesting aspects of the interview is Gillian's in depth discussion about why she chooses certain projects over others. When the interviewer asks if she has considered doing more television, Gillian mentions her initial involvement in a TV project we believe is Frank Spotnitz' Nemesis (formerly known asMorton).

"I was, I've been  looking at TV a little bit. I developed something here for a couple of years that I was very involved with that would have been on TV here and in the states that I decided not to do, but TV was very much a part of what my future was going to be to a certain degree and there's been a comedy script, American television script that I've kind of been following for a little while because I really like it, but all things kind of have to come into play at the same time and you know I do take into account school terms." The interviewer nods in understanding, mentioning that Gillian has three children. She goes on to say, "I'm not interested in doing nine months a year but I might consider doing something for three or four months a year."

The interview is filled with insights about her recent projects, as well as a walk down memory lane for her 1997 Golden Globe win.

Gold Derby is a site that follows the major entertainment awards season.

No comments :